The type of personal information we collect
- We collect personal information such as your name, email address, company name and country when you sign up for our service.
- If you have subscribed to one of our paid plans, we use Stripe services to collect your payment information which includes credit card number, billing address and GST number (for our Indian customers). We do not store this information.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information when you directly provide it to us, automatically as you sign up for our service, or from others when you use services associated with our website.
- Personal information is collected when purchasing any of our paid plans, subscribe to our email mailing list, submit feedback, or communicate directly with us through email, phone, or other support channels.
Personal information that we collect from others
- Most personal information that we collect is gathered directly from you, but occasionally, there may be need to collect personal information about you from another source, specifically:
- financial and/or transaction details from our payment processor Stripe to process a transaction.
- third party service providers located in the US, Canada, Europe, or India which may provide information about you when utilizing our integrations with other tools for user data importing.
- other third-party services that provide additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data when browsing our Sites.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil contractual obligations, or to take steps linked to a contract: in particular, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Sites, such as when you purchase a paid plan.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These legitimate interests include:
- operating the Sites
- providing you with the services described on the Sites
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate their resolution
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services, such as to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions, and/or security updates
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide
- monitoring activity on the Sites, such as to identify potentially fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites
- managing our relationship with you, such as with responding to your comments and/or queries submitted to us on the Sites, asking for your feedback, or whether you want to participate in a survey
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, but not limited to, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters)
- training DoceboLMS staff about how to best serve our user community
- improving our products and services
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
- processing your job application for DoceboLMS
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For responding to lawful requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose personal information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Our support staff, including members of our technical team, when required to troubleshoot product related issues
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity
- a third party, to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement
- other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so
- third party service providers whose services are required for the proper operation of the Sites
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
We are based in India so your data will be processed in India. Some of the recipients to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside of India in Europe, the UK, and the US. We do this based on your consent to this policy. To protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
We store personal information on secure servers. We, and our service providers, manage the servers and have encrypted our database to make a data breach less likely. Data that we store or transmit is protected by security controls including user credentials and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
Most information that we collect about you can be accessed by logging into your account. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access any other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections to any inaccuracies reflected in that data. You may also terminate your subscription at any time.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists), we will occasionally send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of any communications if you would prefer not to receive them by using the “unsubscribe” button in the communication itself.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, some parts of our Sites may not work properly. When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account, some of this information could be associated with your account. Details may include:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address
- the domain name you requested
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it
- the website which referred you to our Sites
- the operating system which your computer uses
Our Sites are not suitable for individuals under the age of 16 years. Individuals below the ages of 16 years may require the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a user.
Information You Give Others
If you make your personal information available to other people using our Sites, we are not responsible for how others utilize your personal information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to provide you with our services, or you do not want us to use your personal information, you can request that we erase your personal information at email@example.com . We will notify all third-party service providers to erase your personal information as well.
Updating this policy
This policy may change from time to time to ensure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. We will notify you of said changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
European Economic Area Specific Rights
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of visitors to our website as well as the organizations or customers that use and purchase our service. We serve as ‘data processors’ to the ‘data subjects’ (i.e. end-users) of our customers (who act as the ‘data controller’).