Moodle LMS is one the leading open source LMS widely used by organisations for delivering their eLearning needs. Just like any other sophisticated software it is equally important to ensure to choose the right Moodle Implementation Partner.
- Decide on Your Requirement: Before implementing the Moodle LMS it is very important to finalise on your requirement. Moodle LMS has many modules and not necessarily all modules are required. Hence it is important to know which all modules/features you must request your Moodle LMS vendor to implement.
- Background and Credential Check: There are many Moodle implementation partners across globe. It is important to choose the right LMS partner. Before finalising on Moodle implementation vendor, ensure that you do the background check of the Moodle LMS partner. While doing this ask for team credentials, success stories, customer references, reference sites, technical capability matrix, post implementation support process, implementation documentations, etc. This will allow addressing many questions during the initial phases and will help to reduce the risk of engagement not working during actual implementation phase.
- Ask for Customer References: Ask the Moodle LMS vendor about the references where they have implemented it earlier. Happy customers will always share their experiences with you and also will help you to understand the challenges. During interactions with the take an opportunity to ask some important questions like how long does it take to implement the LMS, what were critical challenges, how is after-sales support, etc.
- Get the Comprehensive Proposal: Once you zeroed down on few Moodle LMS partner, ask for the comprehensive proposal which must include the process for implementation, cost for implementation, hidden charges if any, project plan, delivery schedule, escalation matrix, infrastructure requirements, post implementation support terms and conditions.
- Contract and Finalisation: Once all this information is in place, do finalise on the vendor which meets most of your requirement expectations. Before finalising the vendor try to have a virtual or face to face meeting with Moodle vendor and team. Do the expectations setting to void any nth hour surprises and go for contracting.
Many a times as Moodle is an open source we tend to assume that it's easy to implement a Moodle LMS. However, it is always advisable that one must follow a detailed evaluation process for Moodle implementation partner. I hope these tips helps. We will be happy to hear about your experiences. For knowing detailed process of Moodle LMS implementation process you can reach to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply