Hello and Wish you all a very happy and eLearningful New Year. At Knowzies we had a great 2016 and all Knoziens ( Knowzies-ans) are excited to take up new challenges in 2017. It will be year of tremendous learning and trying out many new initiatives as eLearning market has become innovative and I am confident that you will hear from us about many new initiatives in our coming blogs.
In this blog, I an writing down some of the key trends which will dominate eLearning industry in this year and we will see all together a different wave happening in eLearning in year 2017. So either gear up or give up... choice is yours....
- Learning on the Go: We have been hearing about this term for quite a sometime now and in 2017, the eLearning will be a year of mLearning. With the mobile revolution over past few years, the maturity cycle of users using smart phones have reached to its peak. As per the latest survey report by Statista the global sales of mobile phones will touch approximately 1423.9 million units and this itself is an indicator why learning on the go is important. Also, most of the companies have now adopted and started implementing BYOD principles which makes is easy to deliver the content on mobile. This will definitely call for a change in Instructional Design approach of the content and development as well since multidevice output is the requirement.
- Skillbased eLearning Content Development: Over a past few years we have been observing this trend in eLearning and it will keep continuing. The industry is moving from a knowledge based economy to skill based economy and more and more content subject to a very specific topic/skill will be delivered as eLearning. This will ensure organisation to have their workforce ready for the future skills. The respective divisions/functions will be key driver in this in collaborations with L&D and HR functions. The demand of creation of such skill based eLearning courses will be coming from divisions/functions as an outcome of global competition.
- Short is Sweet: Learning through e-Pubs: Doing eLearning through a traditional methodology is a passé. More and more organisations are focusing on delivering eLearning though e-pubs. With mobile revolution e-pub is gaining popularity especially amongst the millennials. The short length of e-pubs is the key to success here and will continue irrespective whether it is video or any other format.
- Gamification: Gamification will continue as the key trend is this year as well. As expected the use of gamification in eLearning is yet to reach its peak however with the new generation learner (millennials) this is the way forward to make them learn and go through eLearning. This year we will see some advance and serious gamification attempts made and I will not be surprised if players like Google and apple also try something in this space to lure their users. Corporate also may want to try out some serious efforts in this direction as the demand for the future ready talent is increasing and game based learning seems to be a way forward to train the young generation via eLearning.
- Cost Effective Development: Since more and more content is getting digitized there have been a debate on how much one must spend on this and what is the ROI (Return on Investment) that one can expect. However it is difficult to solve both the variables but one can surely be resolved. With most of the authoring tool vendors ( e.g. Articulate, Lectora, Captivate, Camtasia, iSpring, elucidate) being aggressive in market and coming up with new features which supports low cost development ( even for Multidevice) the users have got a choice to get their eLearning content developed at low cost. Organisations like Knowzies who have established its niche in eLearning development using Authoring tools and the trend will keep continuing.
We anticipate this to be an year of eventful things and we are excited to take up new challenges. We will keep posting happenings at our end and hope you enjoy reading as like last year. Please do not hesitate to write to us @ email@example.com if you also wish to contribute.
We would like to list some other blogs which we found may be useful to you for understanding future trends-