eLearning industry have been at a matured stage in today’s era and thanks to the consistent adaptation of eLearning by the new age learner. Gone are those days when people have to sit in the classroom training for hours together to undergo training. Now a days one can learn anytime, anywhere without worrying too much about how to take time to learn something important. Large organisations have found this as a blessing in disguise when the L&D function is always under the scanner for optimising the utilisation of human resources keeping them updated with the latest knowledge. The eLearning have been a golden mean and it is really helping L&D managers to cut down the time spend on ILT sessions drastically. In this article I would like to highlight 5 key reasons of why L&D Managers are choosing to convert ILT into eLearning.
- Global Target Audience: The entire world can be a workplace for an organisation. With the globalisation of the workforce, many large organisations have expanded their offices globally and it is not possible to get all the audience made available for a specific training programme at single Location. With workforce being mobile these days, it is now mandatory to think out of the box and that’s where eLearning comes to rescue. It becomes easy to get the workforce trained through eLearning even if the audience is scattered.
- Keeping Pace with the Competition: Every day organisations are challenged by some or the other new entrant in the market. Hence keeping pace with the latest trends in the market is the key for every organisation. This has been a challenge for any L&D Manager since they are the ones who need to keep their workforce always updated with the latest trends, latest competition in the market and support their learning and training needs to help them overcome this situation. In this case, having ILT sessions scheduled every time is not possible and hence converting ILT into eLearning is the solution.
- Just in Time Delivery and Availability of the Content: Usually in ILT sessions, once the session is over, it is very difficult to support the learners in case if they have missed on anything and want to reinforce some of the concepts. Hence, if ILT is converted into eLearning and it is available to the learners all the time. They can go through the concepts again and again and this allows having the required impact created of a specific topic on the mind of the learner. Also, the delivery of the eLearning content has no dependency on time and place, hence it can be delivered just in time as and when required.
- Cost Effectiveness: ILT sessions always have cost associated with it like the Trainer Cost, the Infrastructure Cost, Travel and Logistics Cost, Stay Cost etc. Also, in one session a limited number of people can be accommodated. In contrast to this,when an ILT is converted into eLearning, except the initial cost, there is no other cost. Hence, it is one of the most cost effective way to deliver the training to a larger target audience.
- Convenience: ILT are always little inconvenient for attendees since they have to be physically present in the respective location and this may impact the timelines of some critical projects within the organisation. As against this, if same ILT is available in eLearning, then it offers greater flexibility to the users, saves time, and is highly convenient.
Though ILT has its own importance and all ILT’s cannot be replaced with eLearning, it has to be a conscious decision on which all training needs to be converted. We at Knowzies have a vast experience of working with our esteem clients in helping them converting their ILT into eLearning and will be happy to support if you have any such requirement. Our expert have high skills in ILT to eLearning conversion and will be happy to work with your team. To know more you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org